30 October 2009

My little witch

So... Halloween is here and at F's nursery they are having 2 days of full on party!! Yesterday she was a little Pumpkin (bought outfit) and today she is a witch. The first thing she said this morning when she saw the outfit was 'I don't like it'. Excellent... somehow I managed to get her to put it on and after a while she started to like it a bit more (the broom and hat that I had bought to go with it helped!!).

I also made one cape for me and one for H to wear on Saturday when we are going to a Halloween party. Thay are made exactly the same way as F's but just longer (and on H's I made the 'hole' for the neck a little bit bigger).

Pattern:
The same as this one for the dress and the same as this one for the cape (but without hood).

Material:
Some strange and VERY DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH material with white print for the dress and the lining of the cape. The outer of the cape and the lining of the dress is something they called 'budget silk' in the shop. It is a rather heavy fabric so worked quite well.

Next time:
Try to make sure the fabric is a more easy to work one than this time... The print is almost like plastic and the thread kept breaking, stitches were skipping both on my overlocker and my sewingmachine. I was on the phone 5(!) times to Sewing Machines Direct thinking it was my overlocker that was broken. They were very helpful but I think the main problem was rubbish quality thread and this very tricky fabric.

 

1 comment:

  1. Vilken underbar häxa i underbara häxkläder :-) Hälsningar från en annan bloggare som hoppat på novemberutmaningen.

    ReplyDelete