12 March 2009

Striped top with tie

I just love this top!! I didn't expect it to be any good so I just took a fabric that I have quite a lot of and when I didn't have a matching bias tape I just took one in a contrasting colour. And now I love the colour combination!

The bias tape has been attached in a way that I have never done before. No part of the bias tape is folded over on the righ side of the fabric. See photo below.

I still have not been brave enough to try the cover hem on my new overlocker (thanks H!!) so I will add another photo once I have done that.


Pattern:

Butterick 4277

Material:
Red and pink striped VERY stretchy lycra bought on holiday in Australia and blue home made bias tape.

Next time:
Try to use a fabric that is slightly less stretchy. Very difficult to sew in this fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment