18 March 2010

First linen trousers of the year!!

I know it's only march but before we know it summer will be here. Well... at least that is my excuse for making summer clothes for F. :o)

F has grown a lot since last summer so I've had to make a new size of my pattern. It turned out ok and it looks as if F has mostly grown taller and not much wider... could be that there is no nappy taking up space anymore too.

Pattern:
My own.

Material:
Linen for the trousers and stretch jersey for the waistband. The stretch jersey is 'wrapped' around a 3cm wide elastic band (as usual on my linen trousers).

Next time:
I'll lower the waist a tiny bit at the front since they seem to fit better that way. This was just a test to see if the size was correct so I didn't really bother much with the details on these, but next time I'll do the hem with a twin needle instead because I think it looks much nicer. :o)
Also, make sure to use a very stretchy jersey. This time I was allmost not able to stretch it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment